Hello, and happy summer! Today I’ve got some bullet reviews over several of the books that I have read so far this summer, including A Court of Thorns and Roses. I have also discovered graphic novels and all of their wonderful qualities. SO, I hope you enjoy!
A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas
- I have FINALLY gotten around to reading this book (though I have yet to read the next two…)
- It was really good! Though, it was soooo hyped that maybe my expectations were a little too high.
- I really liked Feyre and Tamlin as characters, their personalities were very individual and their budding romance was really cute!
- Unfortunately, I found the book to be really slow moving. There were some exciting, eventful parts, but they were not captivating enough for me.
- The last hundred pages or so were especially boring in my opinion. It was just kind of the same thing over and over again. However, the VERY end was surprisingly good and made me eager to read the next book!
- Is it true this is a Beauty and the Beast Retelling? Because I saw that somewhere and I can see the resemblance, but I never would have figured it out on my own…
- SO, I really did enjoy the book, despite all my negativity. Maybe one day I will get around to reading the next two, (even though I literally have them sitting right here, just waiting to be read) and hopefully they can give me a little something more!
Nimona by Noelle Stevenson
- Basically I had a sudden craving for some graphic novels and googled “best ya graphic novels” and this repeatedly came up.
- THANK YOU GOOGLE for recommending me this wonderful book!!!
- Nimona is absolutely adorable. She loves evil things and is kind of like a small child in a teenager’s body.
- She comes across Ballister Blackheart (the local villain) and they become an amazingly wonderful, inseparable pair.
- Oh, also Nimona is a shapeshifter, which makes her extremely valuable in their world.
- The graphics are really neat and they have a fun, doodly vibe that enhances the lightness of the book.
- The ending was very sudden and kind of confusing, but the rest of the book totally made up for it.
- If you have never read a graphic novel or are looking for something new, I would highly recommend Nimona!!
The Legend Trilogy: In graphic novels!
- I also found out that Marie Lu’s Legend trilogy has matching graphic novels!
- Unfortunately, my local library only had the first two, so I have yet to read the Champion adaptation.
- It was neat to see the characters really come alive in the pictures, which made for a great experience! However, they really lacked the detail that Lu has in her writing.
- I did find the first book to move at an extremely fast pace, which would have been hard to follow had I not read the original books first.
- Fortunately, Prodigy was waay better and gave so much life to the series.
- If you enjoyed the Legend trilogy, you might want to check out the graphic novels!
- July has been a really awful reading month for me, and its kind of sad. 😦 I just can’t find books that I enjoy, and have no desire to finish the ones I am currently reading, even though they really aren’t terrible.
- I have also been extremely busy, so blogging has not been happening a whole lot, though I recently came up with several great post ideas!
- I can’t believe that July is over and school is growing ever closer…