Hello everyone! I was recently nominated for The Unique Blogger Award by Leslie at Books are the New Black! Thank you Leslie! Be sure to check out her wonderful blog! It’s been a while since I have done one of these posts, but they are pretty fun and I am excited to answer Leslie’s questions that go along with the award!
- Display the award
- Thank the person who nominated you and post a link to their blog on your blog
- Answer the questions they’ve written for you
- Nominate 8-13 bloggers and give them three questions in the spirit of sharing love and solidarity within our blogging family!
What makes you unique?
Hmmm… well… I don’t really know? So I’m just going to list some random facts about myself that may contribute to uniqueness!
- I play the clarinet and I’m fairly good at it! I’ve been in multiple honor bands throughout high school, and have received “Exemplary” ratings at the district and state level!
- I really like buildings and art and plan on studying architecture in college this fall.
- As far as books and blogging related things, I reorganize my bookshelf every month or so just because I like organizing things (and petting all my pretty books…).
- I always try to express my own unique opinion when reviewing books, and I typically stay away from hyped or super popular books (though there are some exceptions).
- I’m a more character oriented reader, so a book could have nearly no plot but the most fabulous amazing wonderful characters ever and I would love it! I always try to talk about characters when I review, because the characters are the most important part of a story, in my opinion.
If you could only read books from five authors for the rest of your life, who would you choose?
As you all know, I’m a huge fan of The Lunar Chronicles, and I will read basically anything that Marissa Meyer writes. I wasn’t quite as pleased with Renegades, but I’m hoping Archenemies will be better!
I instantly fell in love with the Legend trilogy, and I adored Warcross! I’m super excited for Wildcard, too! I read part of The Young Elites, and it was good, I just wasn’t into it at the time. I would love to try it again, though!
I LOVE Tahereh Mafi’s writing style, and I could easily read her books over and over again. Shatter Me easily became one of my all-time favorites, and I’m excited for her newest book, A Very Large Expanse of Sea!
I’ve only read one of her books so far, P.S. I Like You, but I was super adorable and I just really enjoyed reading it! I picked up two more of her books from the library recently, On the Fence and Listen to Your Heart, and I am really excited to read them! Kasie West has many books out, and they just give me my fill of cute romance!
Rick just keeps writing and writing and writing, so I would never run out of something new to read! And, I love the characters he creates and the incorporation of mythology is really fun and actually educational! Plus, I couldn’t imagine never being able to read Percy Jackson again!
What are you/ plan on binge watching?
I actually don’t watch that much TV, so this is a bit of a challenge for me. I don’t think I have ever truly binge watched anything… Although, I have been watching World of Dance recently, and it is so amazing to watch what those people can do! I used to do dance, so I appreciate what they are doing and how difficult it is to do what they do. It’s not really binge watching, but I eagerly await the next episode every week! (P.S. for those of you who have seen the show or heard of it, the Duels are CRAZY!!! In the most amazing way possible!)
Siobhan @ Novelties
May @ Forever and Everly
Rendz @ Reading With Rendz
Jo @ Bookloversblog
No worries if you’ve already done this tag or just aren’t into it! And anyone feel free to do this tag as well, because you are ALL unique!! Just link back to me so I can see your answers!
1. If you could meet with any author (living or dead) who would you choose?
2. What is your favorite dessert?
3. What is your favorite childhood book or story?
Chat with me! Could you narrow down your favorite authors to five? Are you a binge watcher?