I was recently nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award by the lovely Alex Charming at Lord of the Trekkies. I am super excited to have been selected for this and I love that there are people who like what I am doing! So, thank you Alex!
- Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions your nominator has given you.
- Nominate 11 other people and give them 11 new questions to answer.
- List the rules and display the award
1. What is your favorite part of blogging?
Hmm… probably getting to talk about books without people giving me weird looks. I can share something I love with everyone else and maybe help them to love books and reading as much as I do. Also, blogging for me is time dedicated to books and books alone, and there’s nothing better than that!
2. Do you like to read? Why?
OF COURSE!! I literally have a blog entirely dedicated to reading! I enjoy it because it allows you to escape whatever may be happening in your life and go to a completely different world. You can be someone else for a while and experience different things without actually doing whatever the character is doing. Books are basically wormholes to other universes that are far more intriguing than our own.
3. What is your favorite song?
I’m a band nerd, so that’s a really hard question. On a side note, music is much like reading. It can take you someplace wonderful. So, I don’t necessarily have a favorite song or genre or anything. I generally just like it all, but some of the songs that I like best are ones that have good musical qualities and not just meaningful words. Oftentimes, the notes can carry more emotion than the words. (Sorry, I digress.) But my most favorites songs are usually the ones that we play in band, because they are personal and more meaningful to me. (Also, the Star Wars and LOTR soundtracks are AMAZING!)
4. What is your OTP?
Percabeth. One hundred percent, hands down Percabeth. (Percy and Annabeth from Percy Jackson, for those who are unfamiliar). That was one of the first books series that I read that I really, truly enjoyed, so their wonderful, most perfect relationship has stuck with me!
5. What is your NOTP?
I’m not positive what NOTP means… but I’m assuming it’s like the opposite of an OTP? If that’s the case, then I don’t have one. (Sorry!) I have not ever had a book where I didn’t like who ended up with who. At least that I can remember anyways…
6. What/Who is your spirit animal?
Well, this is also something that I can’t really answer. I know there was like a “spirit animal bandwagon” for a while, but I never hopped on. Umm… if I had to guess I would probably say a turtle or something that hides from things. I’m shy, and I like to hide from things that are dangerous, so a turtle it is then.
7. If you could have one famous author (living or otherwise) to write your biography, who would you choose and why?
That is actually extremely difficult because there are SOOO many great authors out there! However, I would have to say probably Dr. Seuss. He is generally great and I always loved reading his books as a kid (okay, even now). His books always make people happy, and I would want to be remembered in a happy, fun way. Also, J.K. Rowling, Marissa Meyer, or J.R.R. Tolkien would be good options as well.
8. Jeopardy or Wheel of Fortune
Jeopardy. Although, I really love Wheel of Fortune, too! I just love the randomness and cool facts you can learn from Jeopardy.
9. Who is your favorite villain of all time?
Definitely Darth Vader. He’s got a sad backstory, a lost love, an ominous black outfit, a crazy awesome sword, and an entire space army at his command. Not to mention that he’s persistent with the whole Death Star thing. Gotta admire persistence. What more could you want from a villain?
10. Do you like Disney?
Of Course! Who doesn’t like Disney? There’s Disney World, Disney Land, Disney movies, Mr. Disney himself… I really loved going to Disney World, and I adore Disney movies. There are like childhood classics. And even after all the movies they have made, I have yet to be disappointed by one of them. They are all so wonderful, and they bring you back to your childhood and happiness and not having to do homework for seven hours after school.
11. What is your opinion on Loki? (From The Avengers, Thor, etc.)
Well, I’ve never seen the Avengers or Thor, and I’m not really familiar with either (I’m sorry, don’t hurt me!) Just not my thing, I guess. Although, I did read Riordan’s Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard: The Sword of Summer a while ago, and Loki might have been mentioned somewhere? I also looked up his little “definition” in the back of that book and he seemed interesting, so… I suppose that Gods of mischief and magic can be cool.
I am nominating:
- May @ My 1st Chapter
- Jo @ The Reading Experience
- Amanda @ Literary Weaponry
- Shaz @ Shaz Reads
- Solomon @ The Bookish King
- Alice @ Arctic Books
- One Way or an Author
- Siobhan @ Novelties
- AND (since this is not 11 and I have no else…) any of my followers because you are all FANTASTIC!!!
- What inspired you to start blogging?
- What is one thing that you wished you knew when you started blogging and why?
- What are your top five favorite books or series?
- What is your favorite dessert?
- What is the best vacation you have ever been on?
- If you could bring to life a book or movie character for one day, who would you choose? What would you do with them?
- If you had a million dollars, what would you do with it?
- Do you like spending time outdoors?
- What kinds of shoes do you usually wear?
- What would your dream home look like?
- What is a fandom that you are envious of?