Happy New Year everyone! I am most definitely looking forward to a year of wonderful books, both new and old. Since I was mostly successful in my first year-long reading challenge, I am going to participate in two this year! I am once again doing the Backlist Reader Challenge, and I am adding the Audiobook Challenge. Both of these should help me get caught up on books I should have read long ago!
Backlist Reader Challenge 2019
The Backlist Reader Challenge is hosted by The Bookwyrm’s Hoard and runs from January 1 to December 31 of 2019. This challenge has four simple rules:
- Read books that were published before 2018 and are already on your TBR list or pile
- Create goals on a sign-up post
- Review the books you read and post the reviews on a linky
- Create a wrap-up post a the end of the year
Last year my goal was to read 20 backlisted books, and I read 15. This year, I am going to keep my goal at 20 books. Again, I don’t have a particular list I would like to follow, but there are a few books that I would like to read this year.
- Allegiant by Veronica Roth
- The Red Queen series by Victoria Aveyard
- The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken
- An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir
Audiobook Challenge 2019
The rules are:
- Find a new love for audios or listen to more than you did last year!
- Any genre of books on audio count
- Rereads and books from other challenges count
- Updates will be posted on June 30 and December 15
I am choosing to aim for the “Socially Awkward (Don’t talk to me)” achievement level of 15-20 audiobooks.
I am still new to audiobooks, but I have really learned to love them! So far, I have only done rereads and one completely new book. I don’t really have any particular audiobooks I’d like to get to, so I will just see where the year takes me!
Are you participating in any reading challenges this year? Have you been successful in previous years?